Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Serves: 6
These fajitas are quick, easy, fresh and bursting with great flavor. Simply buy prepared stir-fry strips or make your own by slicing beef scotch fillet, rump or oyster blade steaks. Thanks to Beef and Lamb for this recipe!
- 600g beef strips
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 small red onion, shredded
- 1 small red capsicum, shredded
- 1 small green capsicum, shredded
- 1 small lime
- tortillas, sour cream, grated cheese and lettuce to serve
- Coat the beef strips with oil, sprinkle with ground cumin and sweet paprika and season with salt and pepper. Preheat a non-stick pan to moderately hot. Keep the pan at this temperature.
- Cook the beef in three batches. Remove each batch and set it aside.
- Add onion and capsicum to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Return beef to pan, stir to warm and squeeze the juice from a fresh lime over the beef. Remove beef from pan immediately.
- Serve beef with warm tortillas, sour cream, grated cheese and lettuce.
- Coat the meat in oil instead of adding oil to the pan or wok (you use less oil this way). You can also add ingredients like a little soy or grated ginger for extra flavor.